Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Couldn't Resist...Writing Center Preview

I know, it's June and I am supposed to be on summer vacation, but most teachers will tell you that real teachers work all summer:) Teaching is my profession, but it's also something I enjoy, and creating new things for my classroom is like a hobby. So anyhow, after pool and play time, I use Luca's nap time to work on some new things for school. It's over 100 degrees out, what else am I going to do? Not only am I starting a new grade this year, but I am also in a new school AND a new district. Is that enough change for one year? It's going to be a learning curve I am sure, but I am looking forward to the challenge! This year I will be introducing Daily 5, and hopefully Cafe into my classroom. I will post more about that later, but one of the components of Daily 5 is working on writing...and after scouring Pinterest (my other obsession) for hours, I compiled some of the best ideas I could find for my writing center. I have only been in my new classroom once since I don't have a key yet (boo), so my home office/guest room has become my temporary school room. I can't wait to really get going on setting up a brand new classroom, but for now I will give you a sneak peak of what will become part of our writing center...
I LOVE Instagram...but if anyone knows how to upload Instagram photos to blogger faster than my method...please let me know! I usually email them to myself, then save to a folder, and upload them here. TIME CONSUMING. Anyways, who wouldn't love to write with these awesome gel pens? I am hoping to inspire some serious writing...oh, and in case your wondering, the cute container is a sweet dollar bin find from my all time favorite store...Target.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I am not the only one who enjoys making things! Your kiddos will love using the gel pens and I love the container they are in!

    I am happy to be your 1st follower...wahoo! Now, you are blogging to someone! Lol! =)

    I am a 1st grade teacher too! I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments, but all comments will be moderated by Mrs. S.